- PS3: 80GB detail specs at: Sony website , Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM
- TV: 52" BRAVIA XBR6 Series LCD HD, Specs at: Sony website , Display Resolution : 1920 x 1080p (Full HD)
- Lenovo T400 Laptop with DVD R/W capability, Win XP 2002 SP 2
- Free version of BurnAware version 2.3.8, downloaded from http://www.burnaware.com/
- Philips DVD+R 4.7 GB disc
A: Download the YDL
- Latest Image: yellowdog-6.2-ppc-DVD_20090629.iso Date: 27-Jul-2009 15:12 Size: 3.8G [as of Aug 13, 2009]
- Downloaded from http://ydl.oregonstate.edu/iso/ starting point from http://us.fixstars.com/support/downloads/
- Note: It takes long time to download 3.8 GB image. You could use Bittorrent to speed things up. Took me about 75 minutes to download this image.
B. Prepare a install DVD.
- Follow instructions "How to create an Install DVD using Windows: HOWTO at FixStars
- Approx Time taken to burn image: 9 minutes 56 sec at avg write speed 5.3x
C. Prepare your PS3 for install.
- Follow instructions in install guide [see 5 in information sources below]
Things that I still need to figure out:
- None of websites using flash eg youtube.com, google maps street view worked. They required latest Adobe Flash version 10 equivalent.
- Could not get music mp3 to play, need to get right codecs
- Could not get the BlueRay and DVDs to work
- Could not get Bluetooth devices to work.
- Yellow Dog Linux: http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/
- Playstation 3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3
- Linux on the PlayStation 3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_on_the_PlayStation_3
- Kai Staats: Co-founder CEO of YDL: @ YouTube Video